Stuart Main Street Association, Inc. is pleased to announce the theme for the 51th Annual Stuart Christmas Parade is:
“It’s a Wonderful World.”
The date and time of the Parade is December 2, 2011 at 7:00 PM; and our Christmas Parade co-chairs are Larry Dahn, Mary Hutchinson and Amy Pearlstine.
If you would like to participate in the parade, you will need to complete the attached application and return it along with the entry fee of $50 by October 17, 2011. Upon receipt of your completed application, you will be sent an email to confirm receipt of your application. In November, we will be sending the “Entry Packet” with all the parade information, including where to line up, disband and other important information you will need to know. It is recommended that you return your application and check as soon as possible to reserve your spot.
We are not having a pre-parade meeting this year; everything you need to know will be outlined in your Entry Packet, or can be handled with an email or phone call. Information will also be available on our website. Contact information will be in the packet.
We are looking forward to your participation in this year’s parade!
There will be 5 awards in the following categories:
- Stuart Main Street’s Choice Award (The favorite float!)
- Floats 30-40 feet (the float, not including the vehicle pulling it)
- “It is a Wonderful World” Award (this award goes to the float that carries out this year’s theme to the max!)
- Luminations/Musical Award (awarded to the float with the most amazing display of lights and/or music)
- Floats under 30 feet (the float, not including the vehicle pulling it)
- “It is a Wonderful World” Award (the award goes to the float that carries out this year’s theme to the max!)
- Luminations/Musical Award (this award goes to the float with the most amazing display of lights and/or music)
You will be required to provide a Certificate of Insurance showing liability coverage for your organization. Ask your insurance agent to provide this; you may need to give a few days’ notice. Also, we have enclosed a NOTICE TO THE MINOR CHILD’S NATURAL GUARDIAN form which was passed by the State Legislature last year. We recommend that you insert the proper name of your organization in the form and have a form completed by each family, for your organization’s protection.