The Lyric Theatre is pleased to announce great new events at the Lyric’s Flagler Center located at 201 SW Flagler Avenue (the former Flagler Park Recreation Center). The Lyric’s Flagler Center is a versatile multi-purpose venue that can be easily transformed into a black box theater, a dance club, a dinner theatre or an intimate concert setting.
· Stuart Heritage Museum’s 23rd Annual Historic Homes Tour – featuring the Lyric’s Flagler Center as one of the eight historic buildings on Saturday, February 11, 2012 from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. For tickets or information, please contact 772-220-4600.
· JB4 – the roaming A cappella quartet of Downtown Stuart, originated from Jensen Beach High School’s Jubilate Choir, will perform their first professional show on Sunday, April 1, 2012 at 7:00 pm
· Dinner and a Movie – Brought back by popular demand, featuring two new movies with themed menus. The screenings will be held on Saturday, April 28, 2012 and Saturday, May 19, 2012.
· Suite Caroline – Only 14 years old, but has already released 3 CDs of all original music, signed a deal with SONY/ATV in Nashville and has sung live with Pat Benatar, Sheryl Crow, Charlie Daniels and the GoGos. Performing original songs and pop and country favorites, this up and coming acoustic/country artist is one not to miss on Thursday, May 3, 2012 at 7:00 pm
· Pick This! – Combines various acoustic “picking” styles including bluegrass, folk, classical and progressive rock, all performed by local and regional artists for one incredible evening on Friday, May 11, 2012 at 8:00 pm
· Lyric’s AWESOME Arts Camp – A six-week summer camp beginning June 11th and running through August 3rd. The curriculum will cover subjects including acting, dance, vocal instruction, production and stagecraft which will result in a live production every two weeks on the Lyric Theatre’s historic stage.
· Karaoke Nites with the Karaoke Kops – Choose from many karaoke songs including Top 40, Oldies, Classic Rock, Broadway to Country. Take part in singing, dancing or cheering for the performers on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays every month, 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm. For more information, please call 772-220-1942, Extension 216.
· “The Town Mag” The Lounge Series – An acoustic music concert series (qualified open-mic-night) featuring up and coming, local, and regional musicians will be held on the 4th Friday of every month beginning March 23, 2012, 8:00 pm – 11:00 pm. For musician qualification information, please contact email@example.com.
· Burt Reynolds “Acting for the Camera” Master Class – A six-week master acting course beginning February 28, 2012. The Master Class will prepare acting and film students for auditions with professional casting directors and opportunities for professional acting or film work. For more information, please contact the Burt Reynolds Institute for Film and Theatre, firstname.lastname@example.org or 561-385-1584.
The Center is owned by the City of Stuart and is operated by the Lyric Theatre. Ticketing for Flagler Center performances is handled through the Lyric Theatre Box Office at 772-286-7827 or online at www.lyrictheatre.com. The venue is also available for rent for everything from meetings to weddings. For rental information, call 772-220-1942, ext. 216