What: MusicFest Concert Series presents “The Nouveaux Honkies”
When: 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Friday, Feb. 17
Where: Gazebo Park, Downtown Stuart
Who are the Nouveaux Honkies?
- Port Salerno residents and musicians Tim O’Donnell and Rebecca Dawkin.
- The group started touring after their second album “Where Do I Go” hit the market in 2008. After a run to Montana and Idaho that summer, the album made its debut on the Roots Music Report, “Roots Country” charts at 14. “Where Do I Go” climbed to 3 with a 50-week run on the charts.
- Blues Review Magazine linked the sounds to The Stones, with hints of Dire Straights, Curtis Mayfield, Hendrix and Wolf.
- O’Donnell’s vocal style was said to be “an amalgam of Van Morrison and Willy DeVille.”
- Violinist Rebecca Dawkins crafts her lead lines over popping rhythms and their unique blend of blues, swing and country becomes the sound that fans describe as a reinvention of the musical wheel.