Stuart Christmas Parade, LLC reminds interested parade participants that the deadline to register for this year’s parade is fast approaching. Would be participants must submit their applications by Friday, October 11, 2013.
“We can only handle about fifty parade entries each year, so spaces fill up quickly,” explained event co-chair, Teresa Lamar-Sarno. “We hate to turn anyone away, so we encourage everyone to get their applications in as early as possible.”
The parade will take place at 7:00 p.m. Friday, December 6, 2013. This year’s parade theme, “Christmas Past, Present, and Future: Celebrating 100 Years on the St. Lucie” commemorates the 100th anniversary of the City of Stuart. The deadline for businesses and non-profit groups to submit an application to participate is Friday, October 11, 2013. Applications are available online at www.StuartMainStreet.org.
This year floats will be judged in six categories including a special division honoring Stuart’s Centennial anniversary (Float length refers to the float only excluding the towing vehicle):
- The Centennial Award – The float that best represents Stuart’s 100 years as a city.
- Judge’s Choice – The judges’ favorite float!
- “Christmas Past, Present & Future” (30’-40’) – The float that best exemplifies this year’s theme in the 30’-40’ size division.
- Illuminations/Musical (30’-40’) – The most amazing display of lights and/or music in the 30’-40’ size division.
- “Christmas Past, Present & Future” (Under 30’) – The float that best exemplifies this year’s theme in the under 30’ size division.
- Illuminations/Musical (Under 30’) – The most amazing display of lights and/or music in the under 30’ size division.
Although only floats are judged, the parade is also open to decorated motor vehicles, marching groups including bands, and animals. The entry fee is $75 for businesses and $50 for non-profit groups. The application package includes detailed guidelines and rules for parade participation. Additional questions should be emailed to StuartChristmasParade@yahoo.
53-year old Stuart Christmas Parade is a treasured Martin County tradition. The parade is completely funded through sponsorships and entry fees. Sponsorship opportunities range from $150 to $1,500 and offer a variety of benefits for private and corporate contributors. Complete sponsorship information and forms are available at www. StuartMainStreet.org, by emailing StuartChristmasParade@yahoo.